Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pig Knuckles?

I have several hobbies, one of which is Polish Culture and Language.
Besides trying to learn Polish, I latch on to whatever interesting thing about Poland I can find. Here is a mind opening thought: These folks' favorite food is pig knuckles!

I ask : What are we missing? Something very delicious?

I searched for a picture of roasted pig knuckles and found one!

Poland: The Sobczynscy family of Konstancin-JeziornaFood expenditure for one week: 582.48 Zlotys or $151.27Family recipe: Pig's knuckles with carrots, celery and parsnips
From the Book, "Hungry Planet"
http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1626519_1373724,00.html



Pig Knuckels with a side of sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. I like the little dollop of yellow mustard on the side. Dare me to buy pig knuckles and cook and eat them?